Brighton Theatre Company is aware of keeping all our patrons, cast and crew Covid-19 safe during our productions. BTC has a Covid Safe Plan in place, and this will be updated in line with government health advice. Please take note:
- Air Flow: Increased ventilation and air conditioning facilities throughout the whole theatre. This will allow better air flow, increased fresh air rates and new air circulation for the audience.
- Sanitisers: A number of automatic hand sanitiser stations will be throughout the entry, foyer and theatre foyer for patrons to use.
- On Entry: Everyone will have to register on entry to the theatre. We have QR codes in several areas and for those without a smart phone, we ask that you sign the form at the box office and/or front of house areas prior to entering the auditorium.
- Masks: are not mandatory, however it is optional if you still want to bring with you or wear in the theatre.
- Supper: We will not be offering refreshments at any time during the performances.
- Each season: will be advertised separately so that patrons can only book for one production at a time during the year.
- When exiting and entering the theatre (including the time taken for you to register manually or via QR Code), please retain 1.5 metres of separation between you and the nearest person at all times.
- All bookings to be made at least 48 hours in advance via online, by phone or email. We will not be accepting walk-in patrons.
- No cash sales will be taken at the box office on the night.
- All tickets will need to be paid for before your attendance. Preferably tickets will be emailed and will only be left at box office by special request.
Procedure for Entering and Exiting the Theatre
- Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes and no later than 10 minutes before the commencement of the performance you are attending.
- Entry to the building will be via the usual Wilson Street main entrance. Queuing may be necessary prior to entry. Front of House personnel will be advising on procedures.
- When you arrive, please use the hand sanitisers available, you should show your ticket, as usual, and also ‘sign in’ either via the QR code with your phone or by pen and paper on a daily sheet. You must provide your first name and a phone number at this point, even if you have already provided these details when booking tickets. You will show your ticket once you are in the theatre foyer.
- Once you have signed in, you will wait in the main foyer and/or theatre foyer as designated by Front of House before being ushered into the theatre. Please reinforce social distancing.
- Late-comers will not be admitted. Please note the commencement time of your performance carefully. All doors will already be open, so that you do not have to touch them.
- All common contact points throughout the venue will have been thoroughly cleaned to a very high hygiene level, as required under our COVID-Safe plan.
- The toilets will be monitored but please note the restrictions on the number of people in each space at the one time.
- After the performance we ask that you do not linger inside the theatre or foyer. There will be no supper served and we ask that you move from the building in a timely manner as directed by the Front of House personnel.
You must not attend the theatre if you have any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19; please ring 0493 069 479 or email email@example.com in advance to inform us that you will not be attending. We will arrange alternative dates, if possible, with you at that time.
To download your own copy of the procedures click below.